December 11, 2015

Why your solar system size is larger than the inverter?

Hello Solar friends, It's Channel from PurePoint Energy. We have been getting questions from clients about their solar system size and inverter size. "Why is the system size larger than the inverter?', "Is this dangerous?", "Am I wasting power?". I am here to answer all these questions!

Why oversize your system?

  • The goal of designers is to ensure maximum energy harvest from each module in the system. By doing so, designers ensure the optimal use of this high-cost system component. 
  • By maximizing production per module, designers achieve the optimal specific yield of the system.
  • Since a larger array feeding a fixed size inverter will result in greater system annual production, the increased annual energy harvest is spread across the system’s fixed/semi-fixed costs, which include inverters, AC collection system, permitting, interconnection fees, engineering and overhead.
Are you wasting power/ Is this dangerous?
  • When the available DC power from a PV array exceeds the inverter maximum power rating, the control logic in the inverter responds by moving the PV array off its maximum power point.
  • Limiting power in this manner ensures that excess power is not dissipated as waste heat in the inverter.
  • The inverter components are not exposed to this excess power under normal operating conditions.
  • NO, it is not dangerous at all!
Here at PurePoint Energy, we strive for perfection when completing your custom solar proposal. We provide quality products for maximum efficiency. Schedule your FREE consultation with us to learn more about more solar! 




15 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this blog. I am a new user of solar inverter, I was searching on its pros and cons, I found your blog contains few answers of my questions, That really helped me to understand, Thank you again for sharing. It really worth it.
    Solar panel installation

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog was absolutely fantastic! Reading this has really help me learn some needed information thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crude Oil August delivery has jumped 1.4 percent at $ 45.36 a barrel
    CapitalStars

    ReplyDelete
  4. These simple tips of Solar installation auckland are very good. You are a great advisor. Thanks for advising these simple tools.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These simple tips can help anyone to understand about the fact

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice blog!! I am glad to read your post, pretty informative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this amazing blog and the details about product really awesome.
    Good work.



    solar inverters

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi fellas,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
    If someone want to read more about that solar panel I think this is the right place for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gracefully written information on this blog are going to support me for my coming assignments. Every point was very clear and taught me few new parameters. I would like to use this information in coming future Solar Garden Lights Outdoor Stakes

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog is very interesting and informative. thank you for your sharing this wonderful post.
    Solar Inverter Dealer in Velachery
    Inverter Dealer in Velachery

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@outlook.com lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My name is Mrs Nadia Albert from Russia, And i am a happy woman today through the help of a Loan lender, Mr Russ Harry. I will refer any person that is looking for a loan to this Loan firm. He gave  happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $500,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother. I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $500,000.00 US Dollar, at a low Rate. He is a God fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him Via E-mail-Elegantloanfirm@hotmail.com /Whatsapp number+393511617486

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing this great article. Freyr Energy was founded on the principles of making solar energy affordable and accessible for everyone. Best solar company in Hyderabad-freyr

    ReplyDelete