December 4, 2015

Solar Ownership vs. Leasing, Which one is better?

Hello Solar friends! This is Channel from PurePoint Energy. Installing solar panels on your home is an asset to your home's energy usage and home value. They save you money from your electric bill and increase the value of your home. There are two types of ways you can go solar for your home; Ownership and Leasing. Owning your solar panels means you have invested the money necessary to completely pay for the system. Leasing your solar panels means you have agreed  to finance your solar system and pay it off over time.  Owning or Leasing your solar panels can affect your homes resale value.

Ownership

  • The study consisted of analyzing 22,000 sales of homes in eight states between 1999 and 2013 and almost 4,000 had solar panels. 
  • They found that a solar power system is worth about $15,000 to home buyers or an estimate of about $4 per watt.


Leasing
  • According to an article on npr.org, they say there isn't enough data to show whether the home value of a home decreases when there are leased solar panels installed.
  • Bloomberg Business states, for potential buyers "a solar lease is a liability rather than an asset and may drive people away."
  • A homeowner sold his solar paneled house for $140,000, when his asking price was $155,000. He had to lower the price three times, up to the point that the price of the house was lower than the price of the houses without solar to get people interested.

When going solar for your home, both options of of Ownership or Leasing have it's advantages and disadvantages. Thinking about the long term affects on your homes resale value is important when considering which option is best for you. 

Here at PurePoint Energy, we offer many financing options that can help with making the transition to solar affordable. If you do not want to finance your solar system, there are many solar rebates, tax credits and incentives that also help make going solar more affordable. One of them  is 30% Solar Tax Credit that will only remain until December 31, 2016!. Schedule an appointment with PurePoint Energy and go solar today!.

6 comments:

  1. This blog is having the very nice information about Tivok Eneegy. Here we can have all the information about it.



    Tivok

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the information provided in this article and I really like the way you have explained each and everything so well. Very well done with the article, hope that you will continue to do posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice article!! I am glad to read your post, pretty informative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thanks once again.



    battery chargers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi fellas,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
    If someone want to read more about that solar products I think this is the right place for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@outlook.com lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete